For this proof of concept, our process development platform was utilized. The project was about demonstrating the process step of handling syringes including emptying the liquid into vials. A special feature is the gripper design – it is designed to handle syringes and vials without the need to change gripper jaws or similar.
- Handling of syringes by a Stäubli TX2-60L robot equipped with a flexible, electric gripper.
- Handling of vials with the same gripper by smart engineering of the gripper fingers
- Emptying of syringes by Jennyscience linear motor axis
- All connected via a Siemens PLC and an intuitive, graphical user interface from Pharmabotix
- Detail engineering for use in isolator (Grade A), for the entire process
- Implementation of the system together with an isolator partner